Signing In to CaliberMind
New to CaliberMind - Start Here!
How to use Dashboards
How do I use CaliberMind's search functionality?
CaliberMind Home Page & Navigation
Digital Marketing Terminology
How Does CaliberMind Define a "Channel"?
What Is a CaliberMind Event or Event Table?
Account Detail (Search Result) Results
Opportunity Search Results
Campaign Detail Search Results
Person Detail Search Result
Connectors / Integrations
Adding Your First Connector
How To Connect AdRoll / RollWorks
How To Connect Google Analytics
How To Connect HubSpot
How To Connect LinkedIn Ads
How To Connect Marketo
Overview of Connectors
ZoomInfo / DiscoverOrg
CaliberMind IP Addresses for Whitelisting
Setting Up the LinkedIn Push Connector
Connecting Tableau to CaliberMind
CaliberMind Data Export to Google Cloud Storage
Ingesting CaliberMind Data Into Snowflake
Klaviyo connector [Via Fivetran]
Segment Connector [via FiveTran]
Pushing Caliber Mind Person Engagement Data to Salesforce
Integrations Appendix by Connector
SFTP Connector - Updated 2021
Connecting Your Data Warehouse to CaliberMind
Replicating CaliberMind Attribution Data to Salesforce
Salesforce Connector [via FiveTran]
Connector Health and Web Tracker Health reports
How to Connect Facebook Ads
KickFire De-Anonymization in CaliberMind
Connecting G2, Bombora, or 6sense
Field History SFDC Limits (Salesforce)
SFTP Synced Files - Making a Data Change
How To Connect Outreach
CaliberMind Connectors - Start Here!
Power BI/ Tableau/ Looker Connectors Article
Google Ads Connector (via FiveTran)
Pardot Connector [via FiveTran]
Connections - Email Notifications
CaliberMind Data Access FAQs
Twitter API Connector via Fivetran
Microsoft Bing Connector
Setting Up the Salesforce Push Connector
How To Connect Microsoft Dynamics
Bing/Microsoft Ad's Connector
Connectors Status Page
CaliberMind Entity Relations and System Tables
Developer Guide - Start Here!
What is Google BigQuery
CaliberMind Common Data Sources
CaliberMind Identity Levels
What are Lists?
Importing a List
Account List Upload File Requirements
Keyboard Shortcuts using SQL
Creating an Account List From a Campaign
How to create a list of all Opportunities that have a very low Engagement
People List Upload File Requirements
Campaign List Upload File Requirements
Use Case Videos - Creating a List Using the List Builder
Creating a List Using the List Builder - Step-by-Step Instructions
Creating Company Lists using SQL
List Builder - Start Here!
Creating Company Lists in List Builder
Where is my Segments Menu?
Downloading a List - Step-by-Step Instructions
Object Mapping Filters
How to Map Your Salesforce Opportunity Revenue Field
Remove a BigQuery User within CaliberMind
Object Manager: Campaign Member
Setting Your Saved Filters for In-App Reporting
Object Mapping: Create a Filter
Object Mapping: Create a Mapping
Adding Custom Columns in Salesforce
Add BigQuery Users within CaliberMind
Custom Configuration for Object Mapping
Object Mapping: Create a Replacement
How to Email CaliberMind Reports
Setting Up UTM Mapping in CaliberMind
Standard Channel Logic
Channel Ranking Logic
Setting Up Account Trend Emails
UTM Parameters Formatting and Best Practices
Object Mapping for Filters - Start Here!
How to See Your Object Manager History and Revert Back to Previous Versions
Object Mapping: Create a Campaign Substitution
Web Tracker Installation & Settings
Installing AnalyticsJS (CaliberMind snippet)
Two ways to identify prospects that submit a form containing email address using AnalyticsJS
Install AnalyticsJS on a HubSpot website
Using AnalyticsJS Identify on embedded Hubspot forms
Using AnalyticsJS Identify on embedded Marketo forms
Types of Analytics.js Calls
Using Analytics.js to Track Web and Product Events
Web Tracker and Installation Settings - Start Here!
How Cookie Settings Affect the Analytics.JS Tracking Script
Google Tag Manager (GTM) Ad Blockers
Using AnalyticsJS with Drift
How to check your AnalyticsJS implementation
Using AnalyticsJS with Qualified
Flows Status Page
How to use QuickFlows
Merge records in Salesforce CRM
Add a Quick-Flow to Salesforce Campaign
Using ClearBit Flows
CaliberMind's Most Popular Flows | Automations
Setting Up Workflow - Lead Deduplication
ZoomInfo - Add-to/Enrich your database
Setting Up Workflow - Website Repair
Setting Up Workflow - Account Deduplication
Creating Sales Campaigns from Salesloft and Outreach Activities
Setting Up Workflow - Contact Deduplication
Program Logic for Campaigns
Custom Programs for Campaigns
Campaigns - Start Here!
User Administration & SSO
Single Sign On (SSO) Setup
Manage Users - Viewing, Inviting, Updating Users and Roles
CaliberMind Data Warehouse Access in Google BigQuery
Administration and SSO - Start Here!
User Authentication and Provisioning
Insights - Create Multiple Engagement Score Models
How to Change Event Touch Scores
Sales Opportunity Data Model
Engagement Scoring Time Decay - How It Works & How to Change It
Engagement Scoring Models Overview
How to Add or Change Engagement Score Multipliers
Add or Change Engagement Score Filters
Identify users using Intercom Messenger
GDPR Compliance with CaliberMind
ABM Best Practices
Using Engagement Score to Trigger an Update in Salesforce
Account-to-Lead (A2L) Matching
Lead-to-Account Matching (L2A)
Pushing CaliberMind ABM Scoring Fields to Salesforce.com
Linking to CaliberMind Reports in Salesforce
Attribution Models: W-Shaped
Attribution Models: Middle
Chain-Based Attribution Model
Removal effect with a Markov chain model
Attribution Reports Summary
Attribution - CaliberMind versus Embedded Attribution in Salesforce?
Analytics: People Tab in Attribution Overview
Analytics: Opps Tab in Attribution Overview
Choosing the Right Attribution Model
Virtual Campaigns in CaliberMind
The A-Shaped Model
Campaign Types - Best Practices for Easy-to-Read Attribution
Best Practices for Tracking Return-on-Ad-Spend (ROAS)
Analytics: Comparisons Tab in Attribution Overview
Analytics: Events Tab in Attribution Overview
Analytics: Summary Tab in Attribution Overview
Analytics: Explore Tab in Attribution Overview
CaliberMind Analytics Concepts
Overview of Analytics and Attribution
Filters and Hyperlinks
Using the Engagement Trending Report
Using Tags to Organize Your Lists
Attribution Overview - Campaign Performance Table
Using Campaign Lists in Dashboards
Using Account Lists in Dashboards
CaliberMind Metrics Definition
Return on Ad Spend
Product Attribution Dashboard
Attribution Models: First-Touch
Self-Hosting CaliberMind AnalyticsJS
Tutorials and Use Cases
Customizing Report Visibility (Show/Hide)
How to Manage Your Offsite Events Using CaliberMind
How can I manage my BDR/SDR team activities with CaliberMind?
Combining Engagement Score with Attribution
Enabling the Sales Teams to see the Entire Buyers Journey
How Can I Identify High Risk Opportunities?
How does Sales leverage CaliberMind? Some key use cases.
Running a Sales/Pipeline Review with CaliberMind
How Is CaliberMind Different From My CRM Attribution?
CRM Campaign Member Status and Campaign Response Best Practices
How Do I Optimize Advertising Spend?
Campaign Best Practices Across Systems
How do I use CaliberMind to shorten our sales cycle?
Answering Business Questions Using CaliberMind Reports
Which of my leads are the most engaged?
Why Is CaliberMind ROAS or ROI Different Than My Ad Platform?
How Do I Know If a Campaign Is Good or Bad?
How to Flatten Your Campaign Structure in Salesforce
Working in CaliberMind Insights
CaliberMind Insights - Browser Requirements
CaliberMind Insights - Sharing Dashboards & User Permissions
CaliberMind Insights - Navigating to Insights/Dashboard
CaliberMind Insights - Using Dashboards
CaliberMind Insights - Dashboard Refresh Schedule
CaliberMind Insights - Application Concepts and Terminology
CaliberMind Insights - Filters & Aggregation Type
Creating a Custom Pipeline Dashboard (VIDEO)
CaliberMind Insights - Creating Custom Dashboards
How to Create a Filter Bookmark
Building Insights Dashboards
Build Your Own Insights Pipeline Dashboard
Building Formulas with Functions
Creating and Editing a Widget Formula
Using Conditional Statements
Build Insights Dashboards - Start Here!
Create Date Range Filters - Step-by-Step
Creating Formulas Based on Criteria and Conditions (Filters)
Dashboard Function Reference
Introduction to Formulas - Start Here!
Using Quick Functions
Insights Attribution Dashboards
Insights - Attribution - Start Here!
Insights - Attribution Terminology and Key Concepts
Insights - Attribution Overview Dashboard 2.0
Insights Engagement Dashboard
Insights - Engagement - Start Here!
Insights - Engagement - Dashboard Terminology & Key Concepts
Insights - Engagement Overview
Insights - Engagement - System Account Detail
Insights - Engagement - Person Detail
Insights Engagement Dashboard - Aggregation Dates
Insights ROAS Dashboard
Insights - ROAS Dashboard Use Cases
How is CaliberMind ROAS Reporting Different than Insights ROI?
Insights - ROI - Start Here!
Insights - ROAS Terminology & Key Concepts
Insights Data Health and Integrity
Funnel Trigger Events Dashboard
Funnel Company Inclusion Configuration
What is a Marketing Funnel?
Event Explore for Funnels
Funnel Terms and Concepts
Common Funnel Issues
Funnels FAQs Technical Documentation
Funnel History Event Configuration
Funnels - Start Here!
What channels move journeys through a given stage?
Funnel Stages Configuration and Stage Definitions
Funnel Trend Dashboard
How can I see the number of journeys in or passing through a funnel stage during a period of time?
Sales Funnel Metrics
What touches are influencing each step in the funnel?
How do I see the first event (or "tipping point") in each stage of my funnel?
Funnel Events Technical Documentation
Marketing & Sales Funnel Foundations
Funnel Static Event Configuration
What is a Starter Funnel?
Funnel Person Inclusion Configuration
Funnel Cohort Analysis Dashboard
Sales Funnel Glossary
Where are my customers stuck in journeys?
Funnel Cohort Analysis Use Cases
Funnel Data Explore Dashboard
Use Cases for Funnels
Sales Funnel Journey Questions and Answers?
What is the difference between an Active Journey and a Journey?
How do I know the last event that happened before a journey stage change?
How do I identify stage conversion rates?
Funnel Person Status Exits
Introducing CaliberMind's Funnels
Funnels - Lead, Contact, Account, Opportunity Statuses and Stages
Pressure Event Dashboard 101
Funnel Stage Definitions
Demand Generation Funnel Dashboard
Table of Contents
Updated by Camela Thompson
General Dashboard Functionality
For more information on the following topics, click on the linked topic:
An Explanation of the Attribution 2.0 Dashboard
On the right-hand side of the dashboard, you'll see several options that control what data is displayed and how it is displayed.
- The Date Selector allows you to view a specified period of time. This works well if you have a fiscal calendar and want to see pipeline generation by month or bookings for a specific quarter.
- The Cohort Date is how the chart (item 7 above) is organized. The bottom or x-axis is a timeline, and the Cohort Date determines which date this data is organized by. The following offers an explanation for each category:
- Opp Created: Organizes the data by the date the opportunity was created. This may also be your pipeline-generated date (if you've arranged this with customer support or used the object manager to map a custom field to the Created Date field in CaliberMind). If you use this cohort, your dollar amounts should tie out to pipeline generated in your CRM.
- Opp Closed: Organizes the data by the date the opportunity has or is scheduled to close. For open opportunities, this should reflect a date in the future. This cohort is often paired with an Additional Filter (item 6 above) of Opp Status = Won to match bookings reported in your CRM.
- Touch Date: Organizes the data by when the interaction with your brand occurred. Please be aware that this view can't be reproduced in your CRM. Opportunity dollars divided over touch points will be summed by the date the touch point happened, so an opportunity will show up in multiple time periods.
- Chart Date Aggregator determines which increments the chart is broken out into. You may select weeks, months, quarters, or years. Note that the chart will still reflect the total impact across the time period in your Time Selector (item 1 above).
- This allows users to change the Attribution Model on the fly because different attribution models answer different questions. For more details on that, check out the section of the KB labeled "Which Attribution Model Should I Use?"
- Group By allows you to independently change how your data is broken out in your chart or table. For example, you may want to visualize how campaign types are performing month to month in the chart and then look at how different industries are performing in the table. If you want to impact both the chart and the table, you will need to click on both the Chart and Table buttons.
- Additional Filters will apply a filter to all of the items displaying on the dashboard. For example, if you want to look only at Opportunity Type = New Business, you can apply an Additional Filter. Other great use cases are looking at different Company Tiers, Account Regions, or other custom field your business uses to divide its business units.
- The Chart is a stacked bar chart that visualizes your attribution data according to the Cohort Date (Item 2) along the x-axis in increments specified by the Chart Date Aggregator (Item 3) and is stacked by the Group By (Item 5) selected with the "Chart" button. The attribution model applied to the chart will be the same model you select in the Attribution Model (Item 4) section.
- The Table operates just like a Pivot table in Excel. Your results are for the time period you indicated in your Time Selector (Item 1) and will be broken into rows by the Group By (Item 5) selected with the "Table" button.
- The KPI section will display high-level metrics for the Attribution Model (Item 4) and Date Selector (Item 1) time frame. The metrics are defined as follows:
- Pre-Opp Attribution: In any attribution model, this will be the sum of all touch values associated with events that take place between the first touch and opportunity create date. This term is synonymous with "Source" in our legacy app reports.
- Post-Opp Attribution: In any attribution model, this will be the sum of all touch values associated with events that take place after the opportunity create date until the opportunity close date. This term is synonymous with "Influence" in our legacy app reports.
- Total Attribution: The sum of Pre-Opp Attribution and Post-Opp Attribution.
- Total Pipeline: The sum of dollars associated with opportunities in the given period, regardless of whether or not we can find brand interactions or events to allocate attribution to. If the pipeline number does not match total attribution, there is a gap in events, likely caused by a salesperson creating an opportunity without relevant events being logged.
Which Attribution Model Should I Use?
Customers with access to Insights now can change which attribution model they are viewing on the dashboard level. On the Attribution 2.0 and all legacy Attribution dashboards, there is an Attribution Model dropdown:
Selecting a model and clicking apply will trigger the dashboard to immediately update and display the numbers associated with that model.
By default, customers will see:
- First Touch
- Middle Touch
Customers who have purchased the Machine Learning add-on will also see the Chain-Based model.
The reason why we allow customers to choose from many models is that each of them answers a different question. For a deep dive into which model you should use when, check out this article.
- First Touch - Shows 100% opportunity amount allocation given to the very first logged response event (inbound activity) in our system and is not limited to the primary contact on the opportunity. This is meant to help companies see which activities are building awareness among new prospects.
- Middle Touch - Allocates 100% of the opportunity amount to the response event (inbound activity) that happened immediately before an opportunity was created and is not limited to the primary contact on the opportunity. This model is often used to demonstrate "Opportunity Source" in companies that are trying to understand which department(s) were responsible for turning an interesting prospect into a real opportunity.
- Even-Weighted - Even-weighted models evenly divide the opportunity amount across all response events (inbound activities) from well before an opportunity was created to when the opportunity was closed. We then divide those activities into Pre-Opportunity and Post-Opportunity touches - or inbound events that happened before the opportunity was opened and those that happened between the time it was opened and the time it was marked Closed. Activities with more people engaged will naturally be weighted heavier. Otherwise, activities are assumed to be of equal value.
- W-Shaped - The “W” shape model is an attribution model that gives different weights to activities that include the following criteria: An activity that is flagged as the primary campaign, the activity is associated with a primary contact, or the activity happened prior to the opportunity. For more on how the model works, go here.
- Chain-Based - The chain-based model uses machine learning to understand which activities in which order are most likely to lead to a Closed Won opportunity. We use training data - or activities associated with Closed Won opportunities - to come up with an ideal sequence of events. Events that happen in an ideal sequence will be weighted heavier than those that are not associated with Won opportunities. Customers who have purchased the machine learning package have access to this model.
A Couple Cool Features
Did you know that by clicking on any row in the Table, you can view all of the opportunities and events associated with the selected break out or group?
Try it out!
You can even click from there to view the Account in CaliberMind. And when you click on the Account's Account Detail, you can see exactly how the math works for attribution: