Connecting Marketo to CaliberMind allows you to warehouse all your marketing data to leverage it for Account Scoring and Attribution. Additionally, this connection allows you update Marketo and send CaliberMind lists into Static Lists in Marketo via quickflows.
- Verify the SOAP, BULK and REST APIs are enabled.
- Verify sufficient API Limits (we won't use more than the allotted below by default, we recommend for large Marketo databases (over 100k contacts) should have more than the below added so as to prevent data bottle-necks:
- At least 400MB/day in Bulk available
- At least 40,000/day in SOAP api calls available
- Ask your Marketo Administrator to create an "API ONLY" user for CaliberMind. This user will need to have a
CLIENT SECRET. You'll also need your
- Finally you'll need information about the SOAP API:
- Create a unique API key for use with CaliberMind. For steps on creating Marketo API keys, refer to their REST API Quick Start Guide
- Log into CaliberMind at https://my.calibermind.com/
- Go to Settings >> Integrations >> Add Connector >> Marketo (REST):
- Add the Marketo REST Connection using:
- Click 'Test Connection'.
- Select custom objects to sync.
- Set lookback date for historical data: by default, CaliberMind imports all data from 2017 to the present. Due to the Marketo API threshold for your organization, historic data may take several days to sync!
- Set Marketo API threshold: CaliberMind can automatically throttle API calls to prevent maxing out your overall Marketo API quota as well as respect other integrations' API needs. Default is 25,000/day from the REST API. We also use up to 500MB/day to sync historic data from Marketo Activities.
- Add the Marketo SOAP connection using:
... That's it, you're all set! [Backfilled data may take several days to become available depending on your Marketo API limits.]
One common blocker we see to completing the Marketo connection is if your organization has IP Whitelisting enabled. Please visit this link to see CaliberMind's IP List. You can add these to Marketo as "safe" if needed.