Attribution Models: W-Shaped (All365)
A standard model used for demonstrating marketing's total impact on the pipeline (won, lost, and open opportunities.
Every implementation of CaliberMind comes with the All standard model used to track multi-touch attribution. Once validated and aligned on with your executive team, this model is a great way to show marketing's overall impact on the business.
(all models can be customized in system views -- the below explains the default setup)
W-Shaped (aka All365) - Any campaign or inbound touch occurring 365 days prior to anyopportunity created. For example, one touch may be attributed to multiple opportunities over a short period of time. This includes won, lost, and open opportunities as well.
Close date of the opportunity -- regardless of won, lost, or open status.
Weighting and Calculations
The All-Style model favors events leading up to an opp being created. It also allows CRM users to manually flag certain campaigns or contacts of receiving more weight.
- Touches occurring before the opp being created get 1pt of extra influence
- Touches occurring to the primary contact on the opp get 1pt of extra influence
- Touches related to the primary decision-maker on the opp gets 2pts of extra influence
For example for a $10,000 opportunity with 2 contacts met at a trade show, turned into a opportunity then both read an e-book:
- the decision maker and colleague met us at a trade show (pre-opp) for 2 pts each
- the decision maker for this touch gets an extra 2 pts (4 total) for this touch
- the decision maker reads the ebook after the opp is created for 3 pts
- the colleague whom read the e-book just gets 1 pt for this touch (post-opp)
Total points = 10
Touch 1 = 4pts; $10,000/4 = $4,000 (40%)Touch 2 = 2pts; $10,000/2 = $2,000 (20%)Touch 3 = 3pts; $10,000/3 = $3,000 (30%)Touch 4 = 1pts; $10,000/1 = $1,000 (10%)
Attribution Models can be used as filters in In Attribution Reports.