CaliberMind Insights - Sharing Dashboards & User Permissions
Sharing dashboards and changing user permissions
What are the different types of Users within CaliberMind?
- Designer: Designers can create, design, edit, and share dashboards. CaliberMind Designers are able to share dashboards and determine whether the user with whom they share a dashboard has editing rights (Designer) or only viewing rights (Viewer).
- Viewer: Viewers can view, explore, drill down, make selections, and filter the dashboards that Designers share with them. Viewers only need a standard web browser; no plugins or downloads. They cannot create new dashboards or edit existing ones.
How can I tell if I'm a Viewer or Designer in CaliberMind?
Viewer and Designer settings are different across dashboards, so the easiest way to determine which type of User you are is to look at an individual dashboard.
Designers are indicated by:
- Data schema selectors
- Pencil icons on widgets
- Format icons at the top of the dashboard.
Otherwise, you are a Viewer.
How do I share a dashboard?
When you share a dashboard, you give others visibility to the dashboard. This way, you can make changes to your dashboard and republish it so that the people you share it with can see your changes.
- To share your dashboard rest your mouse pointer on the name of the dashboard you want to share. Vertical ellipses will appear.
- Click on the verticle ellipses and a shortcut menu will appear. Select 'Share' from the menu.
- The Email reporting settings dialog box will appear. Type the name of the person you would like to share the dashboard with and select the name from the drop-down list.
- Select whether you want them to modify the report (Designer) or just view the report (Viewer) and click the green Save button on the bottom left of the dialog box.
How do I edit permissions, add other users, or remove a user?
AFTER you have shared your dashboard you may want to add other users, change user settings, or remove users. The steps are similar to those listed above.
- To edit shared dashboard settings rest your mouse pointer on the name of the dashboard you want to edit. Vertical ellipses will appear.
- Click on the verticle ellipses and a shortcut menu will appear. Select 'Republish' from the menu.
- The Email reporting settings dialog box will appear.
- To add a user - begin typing the desired username and when it appears select the username. It will be added to the list of users.
- To remove a user - Click the trash can icon to the right of the username. This will remove the user.
- To edit permissions of a user - Select the permissions drop-down list and choose the desired user permissions.
- Click the green 'Republish' button at the bottom right of the settings dialog box.
Sharing and Permissions Shortcut
- In the heading of your dashboard, click the Share Icon.
- Enter the email addresses or groups as indicated above.
- The contact information of the people you add is displayed the next time you open this window using the Share Icon.
- In the dropdown menu next to each user, select whether the Shared User will be a Designer (can edit) or a Viewer (can view).
To edit permissions, add other users, or remove a user simply click on the Share Icon and edit the dialog box. Remember to click the green Save button once you are done.