CaliberMind Insights - User Permissions & Sharing Dashboards
CaliberMind Insights user settings are determined at the time a Designer shares a dashboard with another user. Your two options are:
- Designer: Designers can create, design, edit, and share dashboards. CaliberMind Designers determine whether the user with whom they share a dashboard has editing rights (is a Designer) or only viewing rights (Viewer).
- Viewer: Viewers can view, explore, drill down, make selections and filter the dashboards that Designers share with them. Viewers only need a standard web browser; no plugins or downloads. They cannot create new dashboards or edit existing ones.
How can I tell if I'm a Viewer or Designer?
Because your settings can change from dashboard to dashboard, the easiest way to see whether you are a Viewer or Designer is by looking at an individual dashboard. If you see pencil icons on the widgets (1), a data schema selector (2), or formatting icons at the top of the dashboard (3), you are a Designer. Otherwise, you are a Viewer.
How do I set permissions?
- To set permissions for a user, click on the vertical ellipses next to the dashboard (1) you would like to share and select Share (2):
- Type the name of the person you would like to share with:
- Select whether you want them to modify the report (Designer) or just view (Viewer):
Note that selecting Owner will give them delete rights in addition to edit (Designer).
- Click Save: