Campaign Types - Best Practices for Easy-to-Read Attribution
There are many ways to slice-and-dice campaign performance for reporting. Some popular ways are:
- Channel: How members entered a campaign
- Here's an article about how we set channels by default: Standard Channel Logic
- Program: The umbrella group of marketing campaigns, aka marketing Initiative. CaliberMind standard setup takes into account the data schema it's ingesting. For Example:
- LinkedIn Campaign Group = CaliberMind Program
- Salesforce Parent Campaign = CaliberMind Program
- Google Ads Ad Group = CaliberMind Program
- Campaign Type: The primary tactic used in a campaign. We typically pull this from the "TYPE" field stored in the source system for each campaign.
Here's a sample list of "Campaign Types", it's what the CaliberMind team uses as well as several customers. However, this is completely customizable to your business. We can even find/replace old, obsolete campaign types with a more standardized list using the platform.
- Account Based (ABM)
- Content Download
- Content Syndication
- Demo Signup
- Direct Mail
- Operational (designates campaigns not intended to generate Attribution/ROI)
- Paid Display
- Paid Search
- Paid Social
- Sales Outreach
- Referral Program
- Website Direct
For additional questions or best practices about campaign setup in CaliberMind contact your customers success manager.