Object Mapping: Create a Mapping
The mapping tool allows you to pick a custom column to use instead of a standard column commonly used for certain calculations. For example, we normally use the Amount field on the Opportunity object to calculate pipeline and revenue, but some customers use a custom field. This functionality makes it easy to point to a different field when necessary.
- Navigate to the Admin area by clicking the Settings Cog in the top right corner:
- Select the Object you would like to configure from the left-hand navigation menu. In this example, we’ll use the Opportunity Object:
- Select the “Create Mapping” button. If a Mapping Rule already exists, you’ll be able to select “View Mapping” to edit the existing rules:
- Select a Field from the dropdown. This will show you all of the editable options from that table.
- The column you select will be used in lieu of the column listed above the dropdown box.