Add BigQuery Users within CaliberMind
Add Users to BigQuery within CaliberMind
Google's BigQuery is a serverless data warehouse. It is a scalable, enterprise data solution that provides companies with a cloud data warehouse to store and query their data. BigQuery is a great tool for analysts and business intelligence professionals to do detailed queries and procedures.
If your users utilize a BI Platform such as Tableau or Power BI, they can query data sources in BigQuery datasets at the Project level.
The following steps will guide you through adding a new BigQuery user within the CaliberMind app:
- Navigate to the Cog on the top right of the CaliberMind header.
- Click the Cog and the Admin Home page will appear.
- On the Admin Home Page, click the arrow to expand the Account menu. Select the link for Data Warehouse Access.
- The data warehouse Access user list appears in the middle of the screen
- Click in the left drop-down list and select a user within the system.
Enter a valid 'Gmail' account in the 'Enter an Email' dialog box and click the blue 'Add User' button.
In this scenario, the user they’re attempting to add has two options:
- Create a Google account using that email address. Here is the Google documentation to do that.
- Create a Gmail account and add the Gmail account to BigQuery (or add an existing Gmail account if they have one).
Finally, notify any user that has been added to BigQuery.
- Copy the URL found in the green box at the top of the screen.
- Send this URL to the new user.