How To Connect Microsoft Dynamics
Why Connect Dynamics?
Your CRM is the "source of truth" for your sales team.
It doesn't house all of the information needed to understand your buyer journey. Nor should it. Can you imagine trying to capture every web interaction in your CRM? 🤯 💵
Because revenue data is an essential ingredient for understanding which campaigns are working and which need a little TLC, connecting your CRM is one of the absolute must-haves with any CaliberMind implementation.
What Can Be Connected to CaliberMind?
There are several Dynamics applications, and our connector supports most of them, including:
- Customer Service
- Field Service
Preparing to Connect
In order to connect CaliberMind to Microsoft Dynamics, you'll need some key information. To get that information, you'll need:
- A Microsoft Dynamics 365 account
- An Azure Active Directory tenant
Find Your Domain Name
- Log into your Azure account:
- Select your account name on the top right-hand corner, and then select Switch directory:
- On the Directory + subscription pane and then choose the Active Directory tenant that has a subscription to Dynamics365:
- In the Manage Azure Active Directory section of the Azure portal dashboard, click the View button:
- On the left-hand navigation menu, select Overview.
- In the Overview section, make note of the domain name that appears below your organization name. You will need it to configure your CaliberMind connection:
Find Your Resource URL
- Log in to your Dynamics 365 instance.
- Click Settings, and then select Customizations:
- Select Developer Resources:
- In the Developer Resources window, copy the Service Root URL:
How To Connect CaliberMind to Microsoft Dynamics
- Click on the Setup Cog in the top right-hand corner:
- Select Connectors:
- Select Create Pull Connector:
- Select the Microsoft Dynamics Add Connector button:
- When prompted to acknowledge the security statement, click I understand:
- Enter the domain name and the resource URL that you found using the instructions above:
- Click Save & Test.
That's it! If you told someone this would take a long time, we won't tell them if you step out for a celebratory coffee break.